Have you ever thought about getting a spray tan?
Maybe you don’t want to lay out in the sun and damage your skin but you would love to have a nice tan and look like you did. 🙂
Prior to finding a place to tan, do your digging. I find that most places that actually give you some pre tanning directions care and want you to have a good experience.
If they don’t offer it, then atleast you are prepared and you will have a longer lasting better experience than someone who just shows up to a spray tanning session. I get it, sometimes we just think things are one way but actually doing a few things prior would make the difference between a good spray tan or a bad one.
- Prep your skin. Before your appointment, shave, wax all unwanted hair and exfoliate with an oil-free body scrub. You can use some plain old baking soda as an exfoliator (You want to shave/wax 24 hrs before and exfoliate upto the morning off)
- Arrive with bare skin.Show up to your appointment with completely clean skin. Products can prevent even application. This means no topicals, makeup, sunscreen, lotion, oil, deodorant, moisturizer, or perfume! Nothing at all, Bare Skin!
- Dress accordingly.Wear whatever makes you most comfortable, whether it be an old swimsuit, underwear, or nothing at all. This decision is completely up to you. Also, be sure to wear dark, loose-fitting clothing after your session. If its summer, use a dress and flip flops. The tighter your clothes, the more likely you are to streak. So choose something loose that you really don’t care if it stains or not. If your car has light material, pack a towel to use and place after your tan to protect your car.
- Stand still. Once you’re ready to start the spray tan, stand still, close your eyes and anticipate the cold! Moving around can cause streaking and an uneven application of the spray tan.
- Skip your workout. Yes, you heard right! Avoid the gym until after your shower or risk ending up with streaks from your sweat. That also means, avoid any water, rain for the first 10-12 hours.
- 6. Shower properly. After your spray tan, wait 10-12 hours to shower. I recommend you sleep in it and shower the next morning. That also means, use sheet that you don’t are it they stain. (just a little warning) The solution can take anywhere from 6-12 hours to develop, and showering too early can lighten the color. Your first shower should be warm water rinse only! No soap for 24 hours. When you do shower, use mild soaps and stay away from scrubs and brushes for a week. Don’t use Dove. When you get out, instead of wiping your skin, be gentle and just pat yourself down. Follow up with a heavy moisturizing lotion to extend the life of your tan and help it fade more evenly.
Hope this helps in planning and preparing for your spray tan.
Tttys Trish 🙂